Foods, Nutrition, and Health
Nutrition, Food Safety and Health are topics that affect our lives each and everyday. Each office in River Valley has a staff person who can handle basic foods related questions. Provided here are some more detailed information on Nutrition, Food Safety, Food Preparation, and Health. If you have a group that would like to have a presentation on these topics, please contact us to see what we have available.
- Fun Summer Activities to do with your Children:
- What to Expect When Processing Meat:
- FOOD PRESERVATION INFORMATION
- (Click here for important information on Preserving Foods!)
- My Plate
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Food Sales at Farmer's Markets (Kansas Dept. of Agriculture)
- Top 10 Reasons to Shop at a Farmers Market
- Substitutions & Equivalents
- Altering Recipes for Better Health
- Healthy Eating on a Budget
- Shopping Tips: Spend Smart - Eat Smart
- New Food Preservation Videos available from K-State Research & Extension Foods & Nutrition specialist, Karen Blakeslee
Click here to view the videos on YouTube!
- K-State Extension Food Safety
- Safe Food Storage: The Refrigerator & Freezer
- Safe Food Storage: The Cupboard
- Food Safety for Wild Game
- "How to Field Dress a Deer"