Record Keeping & Project Report Forms
Project Report Forms are now available for our 4-H members to better keep records on their projects throughout
the 4-H Year. The expectation is that youth complete a report for each project in which they are enrolled. These
project reports will be used at the end of the 4-H Year to select County Project Champions.
In each age division, there are two reports.
- A general report is for all non-animal projects.
- An animal report should be used for any animal project.
These forms can either be printed to be handwritten or are in a form-fillable PDF.
Record keeping and Project Reporting are valuable skills taught to members of the Kansas 4-H program. Members
are encouraged to keep a permanent record of all 4-H and Non-4-H Experience and are encouraged to summarize
their experiences on the Kansas 4-H Project Report Form for project recognition.
To help you through this process, please refer to the Guide to Kansas 4-H Project Recognition.
Before you begin to keep project record reports for the year, please make sure you have a current version
of Adobe Reader DC. If you do not, you may download a free version, here:https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
When you click on that link, the following screen will appear. "Uncheck" the 3 boxes in the middle column
and click on the link circled in green to begin your download. Follow the prompts to download and install
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
*Please note: when opening a form below, please open it and save it to your desktop or device before
entering information. You must download or open the form, then "save as" or you run the risk of losing
- Project Recognition Check Sheet (fillable PDF)
- Personal Information Page (fillable PDF)
- Permanent Record (fillable Word)
- Project Report Form Evaluation Rubric (PDF)
Project Record Report Forms
- Junior General Project Report Form (ages 7-9) fillable PDF
- Junior Animal Project Report Form (ages 7-9) fillable PDF
- Intermediate General Project Report Form (ages 10-13) fillable PDF
- Intermediate Animal Project Report Form (ages 10-13) fillable PDF
- Senior General Project Report Form (ages 14-18) fillable PDF
- Senior Animal Project Report Form (ages 14-18) fillable PDF
Kansas 4-H Award Portfolio – KAP – Seniors Only
The KAP is only needed by Seniors who have won either a General Project Record Award or Animal
Project Record Award at the county level. Seniors must fill out a KAP to go on to compete for an
Area Award in January.