2020 MEDICARE PART D ENROLLMENT
October 15 - December 7, 2019
Open Enrollment dates for 2020 Medicare Part D Plans are October 14 though December 7. Plan to call for an appointment with a Senior Health Insurance Counseling for Kansas (SHICK) Counselor. PLEASE DON'T DELAY!!
Dates Available by SHICK Counselors:
- River Valley Extension District Offices and Libraries offer personalized help by calling for an appointment:
- SHICK Counselor, Judy Uphoff - Call ahead to schedule for an appointment at 785-527-0118. Her appointments will be at the Belleville Public Library upon request.
- SHICK Counselor, Belinda Robison - Call & leave a message at 785-527-3199 for an appointment.
- Belleville Extension Office - Deanna Turner, SHICK - Available Mondays on November 18 (morning only) and December 2. Call the Belleville Extension Office, Kim Kolman - Office Professional, at 785-527-5084 to schedule your appointment.
- Three Republic County SHICK Enrollment Events:
- Mondays - October 28, November 4 & 25
- Belleville Public Library (1327 19th Street - Belleville)
Judy Uphoff, Belinda Robison, Lynn Elliott, Deanna Turner, and Liz Shoemake (North Central-Flint Hills Area Agency on Aging), SHICK Counselors will be taking individual appointments on the same day and same location these days fro 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Audrey Carlson will provide counseling at the Belleville Enrollment Event only on November 4
Call the Belleville Extension Office at 785-527-5084 for an appointment. Tell Kim which date you would like an appointment on.
- Clay Center Extension Office - Deanna and three other SHICK Counselors will be helping you at the Extension Office. Jim (James R.) Beck, Beverly Lang and Nola Unruh will be taking appointments. Call the Clay Center Extension Office, Frieda Knitter, Office Professional, at 785-632-5335 for appointments.
Jim Beck- Available on Mondays- October 21 & 28; November 4, 18 & 25; December 2.
Nola Unruh- Available on Tuesday mornings, October 15, 22, & 29; November 5, 12, 19, & 26; December 3.
- Beverly Lang- Available Tuesday afternoons & Thursdays. The dates are Tuesday afternoons October 15 & 29; November 5, 12, 19 & 26; December 3. Thursdays October 17, 24, & 31; November 7, 14 & 21; December 5.
Deanna Turner- Available on these Thursdays & Fridays, October 17, 18, 25 & 31; November 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 & 22; December 5 & 6.
- Four Clay Center SHICK Enrollment Events
- October 31, November 1, 21 & 22
Clay Center Extension Office. Deanna Turner and 2 Area Agency on
Aging Counselor will be counseling these days plus Beverly Lang will
be counseling on October 31 & November 21st.
Call the Clay Center Extension Office for an appointment at
- Concordia Extension Office- Deanna and Lynn Elliott will be helping
you at the Extension Office Meeting Room (Basement of Courthouse).
Call the Concordia Extension Office, Mellissa Williamson, Office
Professional, 785-243-8185 for an appointment.
- Deanna Turner- Available Tuesdays October 15 & 29; November 5, 12, 19 & 26; December 3.
- Lynn Elliott - Available Tuesdays October 15 & 29; November 5, 12, 19 & 26; December 3.
- One Concordia SHICK Enrollment Event- November 12, Extension
Office & Meeting Room (Basement of Courthouse). Liz Shoemake,
Area Agency on Aging, will join Lynn and Deanna counseling that day.
Call the Concordia Extension Office at 785-243-8185 and Melissa
Williamson will make an appointment.
- Washington Extension Office- Deanna Turner and Janet Elliott will be
helping you. Call the Washington Extension Office, Gaye Peters,
Office Professional, at 785-325-2121 for an appointment.
- The appointments will be at the Washington County Health Department,
104 E 2nd St across the street from the Courthouse to the north in
- Deanna Turner- Available on Monday, October 21; Wednesdays, October 16 & 30; November 6, 13, 20, & 27; December 4.
- Janet Elliott- Available on Monday, October 21; Wednesdays,
October 16 & 30;November 6, 13, 20, & 27; December 4.
**NEW this year. . .how to create a MyMedicare.gov account if you don't already have one - click HERE for instructions or sign the back of your Worksheet giving the counselors/office professionals permission to create one for you!
Stop by one of the District Extension Offices in Belleville, Clay Center, Concordia or Washington to pick up a Medicare Prescription Drug Worksheet. Note starting September 3 the Washington District Extension Office will temporarily be at the Washington News office, 323 C Street. **OR click the link above to print one out!**
Regardless of who provides you help, Medicare beneficiaries need to know the prescription drugs taken, dosage & 30 Day Quantity. You will need to put this information on the worksheet before seeking help. Call your pharmacy or where you purchase your medications to discover the specific Prescription Drug Plans your pharmacy will handle.
Drop off the worksheet to the Extension Office a week prior to your appointment, and it will speed up your appointment.
Also bring any recent letters you have received from Social Security or Medicare to your appointment and bring your Medicare card.
Thanks to all the SHICK Counselors for assisting Medicare beneficiaries. They keep up-to-date with several Medicare trainings throughout the year. Be considerate and make your appointments early during the enrollment period.
Kansas State University is committed to making its services, activities and programs accessible to all participants. If you have special requirements due to a physical, vision, or hearing disability, contact John Forshee, Director, River Valley Extension District #4, 322 Grant Avenue, Clay Center, KS 67432. Phone 785-632-5335.
Kansas State University Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service
K-State Research and Extension is an equal opportunity provider and employer.