2018 MEDICARE PART D ENROLLMENT
October 15th - December 7th
Open Enrollment dates for 2017 Medicare Part D Plans will be October 15 - December 7. K-State Research and Extension partners with the Department of Aging and Disability Services to bring free, confidential, unbiased assistance to Medicare beneficiaries and their families. Senior Health Insurance Counseling for Kansas (SHICK) Counselors in the River Valley District can assist you when information is available in the fall.
Dates Will Be Available by SHICK Counselors (See right-hand column for dates available in each office with Deanna Turner, RVED Agent)
- River Valley Extension District, Libraries and some Senior Centers offer personalized help by calling for an appointment. Watch the website for counseling dates and locations in Belleville, Clay Center, Concordia and Washington for 2016 Part D Enrollment.
YEAR AROUND COUNSELING
Throughout the year two SHICK Counselors can assist you. Call for an appointment
- BELLEVILLE - SHICK Counselor, Judy Uphoff - Call ahead to schedule for an appointment at 785-527-0118. Her appointments will be at the Belleville Public Library.
- BELLEVILLE, CLAY CENTER, CONCORDIA & WASHINGTON District Extension Offices - Counselor & District Extension Agent, Deanna Turner - Call ahead to schedule an appointment at 785-632-5335. She is located in the Clay Center Extension Office. Deanna will travel to the other Extension Offices for appointments according to her schedule. She is in the Washington Extension Office one day a month except for July.
NEW TO MEDICARE RESOURCES
Will you be turning 65 in the next six months? These resources will be helpful.
- Medicare Checklist (Checklist & Information on applying for Medicare)
- Medicare Overview (This document illustrates what is covered by Medicare Parts A & B, deductibles and co-insurance)
- Medicare Premiums, Deductibles and Co-Pays (This document contains deductible and co-pay amounts for Medicare Part A & B, as well as current premiums, including premium amounts for higher-income beneficiaries.
When to Enroll in Part B
- If you are still working and have active employer health coverage you can delay Medicare Part B until you retire and lose this coverage. There are other instances when you may not need to pick up Part B. Prescription drug coverage can also be delayed without future penalty if you currently have creditable prescription drug coverage.
Kansas Insurance Department Medicare Supplements Shopper's Guide
- Click on the Online Shopper's Guide link (below) to obtain a cost estimate for Medicare supplement plans in your area.
How to Use the Medicare Plan Finder
- Click on the link below for step-by-step instructions on using the Medicare Plan Finder to select a Medicare Prescription Dug Plan
Low Income Subsidy and Medicare Savings Program
- Are you eligible for help paying your Part D premiums, lower co-payments and deductibles? This publication will tell you if you qualify. Then contact a SHICK Counselor to apply. You can apply for Extra Help any time during the year.